Topic: Increase or decline of popularity?
No members browsing this topic.

Page 1 of 2
2 > >>
(#1) posted on April 10, 2012. - 07:42
Ian

Would you guys say that Naruto has gained or lost popularity in the last few years, how much longer do you think it'll be on TV?

Just something I wanted to ask, I havent been paying as much attention to the anime or manga lately.
(#2) posted on April 10, 2012. - 07:52
NoFUTURE

It's a lot more popular imo. Since Disney picked up the series I expect it will have a lot more publicity, as for the series ending, probably within the next 2-3 years it should be over.
(#3) posted on April 10, 2012. - 08:03
Compassionate

Since the release of the new Chibi series and Disney picking it up; they've surely gotten more views.
SSDD
(#4) posted on April 10, 2012. - 16:14
Zeke

In the United States, I here they discontinued the Shippuuden series.
(#5) posted on April 10, 2012. - 21:56
Vexaz

Yeah, they did. No more Naruto on TV.

I guess it's increasing, but I'm not even sure.
(#6) posted on April 11, 2012. - 01:49
imanga91

It's still going good but it's lost some of the steam it once had
(#7) posted on April 11, 2012. - 03:37
Lokyilo

Naruto is still popular, but it's definitely lost it's crazy impact in the US. When it first came out, I remember how boys casually talked and discussed the story (along with maplestory at the time. LOL). But now, it seems that a lot of people have changed into closet fans rather than showing their true colors...

I guess the show gained so many supporters that haters had to come along too. :D

I'm still a Kakashi fan so... Not much left to say there. lol
(#8) posted on April 11, 2012. - 10:19
Nelo

Decline. Rpg's arn't famous like they used to be. Forums and blogs died out, and the shows are limited.
(#9) posted on April 11, 2012. - 15:53
EbonZone

Quote by NoFUTURE
Since Disney picked up the series.

Depressive news to me.

Ontopic, declined.
(#10) posted on April 11, 2012. - 18:33
igi33

I also believe it declined, but it's still the most popular anime/manga.
(#11) posted on April 12, 2012. - 02:18
Lokyilo

Quote by igi33
I also believe it declined, but it's still the most popular anime/manga.

Woah, hold on there.

No way, One Piece is definitely the most popular thing in Japan right now.
The last time I checked, copies of the Naruto manga only came in 2nd place for the number sold. Not only did One Piece beat Naruto in first place, it beat it by about 30 MILLION more copies! (INSANE...)

And the first One Piece video game for the PS3 came out a little after the Naruto Storm Generation PS3 game came out. And once again, the One Piece game made it to the top of the list, beating the second place video game by AGAIN... another 30 million or so copies.

Gosh... One Piece is insane...
(I'm not a fan, but I was just blown away by that...)
(#12) posted on April 12, 2012. - 05:31
Jay-dog

Yeah, One Piece is waaaay more popular, in Japan especially (and with good reason). There's basically OP and K-on! stuff everywhere you look over there XD

I think Naruto has kind of been on a slight decline, but overall I don't think it's changed much, it seems be quite consistent in terms of popularity and interest over time generally, from what I've seen...
It'll probably keep going for a while longer, although I sincerely hope it ends with the conclusion of the war they're currently in now.

Bleach on the other hand...lolol
Apparently, production of the anime has stopped completely in Japan, and it's in its final arc now. I have a feeling that the writer was told to finish it, rather than it being by his whim.
(#13) posted on April 12, 2012. - 07:53
Lokyilo

Quote by Jay-dog
Yeah, One Piece is waaaay more popular, in Japan especially (and with good reason). There's basically OP and K-on! stuff everywhere you look over there XD

I think Naruto has kind of been on a slight decline, but overall I don't think it's changed much, it seems be quite consistent in terms of popularity and interest over time generally, from what I've seen...
It'll probably keep going for a while longer, although I sincerely hope it ends with the conclusion of the war they're currently in now.

Apparently, production of the anime has stopped completely in Japan, and it's in its final arc now. I have a feeling that the writer was told to finish it, rather than it being by his whim.

I've only read the first three volumes of Bleach, but I did hear that the anime production has been canceled.

But I'm pretty sure that once the manga finishes, the anime crew will probably pick it back up and finish animating, like what they did with Inuyasha.
(#14) posted on April 19, 2012. - 19:52
miskos3

Quote by Japan's Best Selling Manga 2011
1. One Piece - Copies sold, 37,996,373 (near 38 million)
2. Naruto - Copies sold, 6,874,840 (near 7 million)
3. Blue Exorcist - Copies sold, 5,223,712 (a bit over 5 million)
4. Fairy Tail - Copies sold, 4,701,596 (near 5 million)
5. Toriko - Copies sold, 4,665,634 (near 5 million)
6. Gintama - Copies sold, 4,415,491 (near 4.5 million)
7. Bakuman - Copies sold, 4,399,938 (near 4.5 million)
8. Bleach - Copies sold, 4,187,258 (a bit over 4 million)
9. Kimi ni Todoke - Copies sold, 4,109,481 (a bit over 4 million)
10. Gantz - Copies sold, 4,056,981 (about 4 million)

Quote by Year 2010
1. One Piece - 32.5 million
2. Naruto - 7.5 million
3. Kimi ni Todoke - 6.5 million
4. Fairy Tail - 5.5 million+
5. Bleach - 5 million
6. Fullmetal Alchemist - 5 million
7. Gintama - 4 million
8. Hitman Reborn - 3.5 million
9. Nura Rise of the Yokai Clan - 3 million+
10. Nodame Cantable - 3 million+

^ I'll leave this here. As far as I know, both Naruto and One piece are still extremely popular in Japan, the same cannot be said about U.S. tho.

Quote by Jay-dog

About Bleach, yeah, the anime has stopped but probably only to save money (no useless fillers) so the manga can get further ahead and then they might restart it. But the truth is that it has lost a lot of popularity. Also, the last arc in manga is supposed to be the longest one, that means 5 years? lol.
(#15) posted on March 8, 2013. - 20:16
fathmathsana

No matter it became popular or not. For me Naruto, Naruto Shippuden, Naruto manga and everything of Naruto is awesome.
I want to be in the dark,
so no one will underestimate me.
(#16) posted on March 8, 2013. - 20:19
fathmathsana

NARUTO A DREAM.

NARUTO AN AMBITION.

NARUTO A PASSION.

NARUTO I LOVE YOU
I want to be in the dark,
so no one will underestimate me.

Page 1 of 2
2 > >>
Login to your Naruto-Kun account if you would like to post a reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, click here to register one.
WHO'S ONLINE
No members browsing the forum right now.
Admins online: 0 - Global Moderators online: 0 - Moderators online: 0 - Members online: 0 - Guests online: 25

Naruto-Kun Forums | 2013 - 2014