Topic: Card Game
No members browsing this topic.

Page 1 of 1
(#1) posted on November 2, 2012. - 18:34
3 likes
Zeke

Well, I've been designing this card game for quite a while. The first few images are the rough draft designs, and the second are the final designs. I'm an amateur at graphics, and this card game is for me and my friends. (Possibly more people if I ever get around to designing a site and a rulebook).

I'm still deciding on idea's for a name. If anyone has any good idea's, please post. So far for names I've thought of Bushido, Conquest and Conquest of Amedaria.

EDIT/
I decided to add some texture to the textbox to see how it would turn out. Looks pretty epic.

(#2) posted on November 2, 2012. - 20:43
Low

Layout looks great. The only thing that I can't seem to accept is the Health, Attack, Energy, and whatever boxes to the bottom left of the card. Those symbols are too big and simple. The color of text and numbers is also too plain. Everything else looks really baws!
(#3) posted on November 2, 2012. - 21:30
igi33

I'm interested in where do you get the images. ;o
(#4) posted on November 2, 2012. - 23:06
Ian

I've been having an idea on making a multiplayer card type game for the longest time now... Kinda gave up on even thinking about it though. Nice job though, you may be on to something.
(#5) posted on November 3, 2012. - 01:42
Nelo

How does everything work? From the looks alone its nice, but I would like to know the keypoints or legend. Afterwards if you want I can alter the card layout and see how it looks from there.
(#6) posted on November 3, 2012. - 07:12
NoFUTURE

Yeah, you should further explain the gameplay lol. Although, the card itself looks pretty good.
(#7) posted on November 5, 2012. - 15:51
Zeke

Wow, I didn't expect all these replies but thanks for the feedback guys. Time to reply to all of your questions.

Quote by Low
Layout looks great. The only thing that I can't seem to accept is the Health, Attack, Energy, and whatever boxes to the bottom left of the card. Those symbols are too big and simple. The color of text and numbers is also too plain. Everything else looks really baws!

Thanks dude. I guess I can work on that. The weird part is, is that those boxes are actually what took me the longest to create. Lol but these are all just rough drafts. I'm thinking of making a website with the final release of the cards so people can print them out, and play with them or something like that I guess.

EDIT2/

Look towards the bottom. I forgot I had made a card with better text on it. I forgot to put the anti-aliasing on it the first time I made the card. That's why the text had that simple look to it.

Quote by igi33
I'm interested in where do you get the images. ;o

I made most of the images except the image of the character. That was made by a friend of mine from deviantArt. He didn't make it specifically for me or this card game. I kinda borrowed it without his permission but I'm quite sure as long as I link him back to his page he won't mind. I've known him for a while now and he's let me borrow some of his images before for roleplaying forums. Plus, I recently sent him a message but no reply as of yet.

Here's a link to the page on deviantArt: [url]http://artozi.deviantart.com/art/Samurai-Challenge-2-270321995[/url]

His name is Mateusz Ozminski. Here's his official site: [url]http://www.ozminski.com/[/url]

I believe he did a few images for Magic the Gathering but I'm not entirely sure.

Quote by Ian
I've been having an idea on making a multiplayer card type game for the longest time now... Kinda gave up on even thinking about it though. Nice job though, you may be on to something.

Sometimes you just gotta wing it dude. I'd like help and idea's for a game. Though, making games is very hard when you're on your own. I have a lot of idea's but I lack resources such as photoshop, a decent laptop, artwork, a lawyer, and a printing and distribution company. Give it a shot, and see how far you go. Who knows, our games may become the competing games of the next generation. Would help to find a team.

Quote by Nelo
How does everything work? From the looks alone its nice, but I would like to know the keypoints or legend. Afterwards if you want I can alter the card layout and see how it looks from there.

Quote by NoFUTURE
Yeah, you should further explain the gameplay lol. Although, the card itself looks pretty good.

The game has a LOT of mechanics to it, and I'm trying to simplify it so people can easily get into the game and start playing right off the back. It's a bit harder to play than Magic the Gathering, but not as hard to maser as a game like Chess.

To make it simple; the object of the game is to lower your opponents Stronghold/Kingdom to 0. You can do this by moving your Troops/Characters across the field and attacking the stronghold directly, or by defeating other characters in battle. You can also win if your opponent has run out of cards to draw AND he/she has no characters on the field to defend themselves. Pretty simple, right?

The game is based off of a fantasy land I created a year ago called Amedaria. I tried doing an Rp site for it, but it never took off very well. So, I decided to change my direction recently with this fantasy land by making it into a card game. The games influences are other fantasy games like: Dungeons and Dragons, Pathfinder, Magic the Gathering, Summoner Wars, and Dragon Age.

For now, you can pretty much guess what each of those icons are on the card. I'll release an official rulebook once I have more basic cards created as an example for the game. Though, the object of the game is really no different from any other game however, what counts is how you play it. I don't entirely want to reveal all of that information as of yet. It sounds a little insecure, but I don't want anyone to steal my idea's. That would suck ass.

EDIT/ Also, I cleaned up the look of the card a bit.

(#8) posted on November 5, 2012. - 16:02
igi33

Interesting! Well I wish you best of luck. Card games can really be fun to play, both in real life and as video games. I always enjoyed Yu-Gi-Oh!, also there are some other online card games such as Urbal Rivals.
(#9) posted on November 5, 2012. - 16:06
Zeke

Yeah, I tried Urban Rivals and a few other online cards game like Chaotic. (forgot to mention that Chaotic is also an influence for the game) I remember this one website had a bunch of online mmos you could play straight from your browser, and it's biggest genre was the card game section. I want to take this project far, but I don't mind start off small for now. Once I get at least two basic army-types for the game, I'm going to let my friends beta-test it and then I might release it to the internet to see how it is.
(#10) posted on November 6, 2012. - 04:53
Nelo

This sorta looks like Chaotic now that you mention it. I've never played that either though.
(#11) posted on November 6, 2012. - 11:43
Zeke

Made some new cards. Hope you guys like it.

This is an example of the Kingdom/Stronghold cards (still pending a name for them).
(#12) posted on November 14, 2012. - 18:50
Zeke

New Cards. Ability Cards and Locations look sorta bland when compared to the Character cards, so I think I might do some sprucing up in the final drafts of these cards. Decided to change the font size for card-text.
(#13) posted on November 21, 2012. - 06:36
Nelo

Liado looks like a cool parrying skill.

Page 1 of 1
Login to your Naruto-Kun account if you would like to post a reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, click here to register one.
WHO'S ONLINE
No members browsing the forum right now.
Admins online: 0 - Global Moderators online: 0 - Moderators online: 0 - Members online: 0 - Guests online: 15

Naruto-Kun Forums | 2013 - 2014